Book Description: This informative, up-to-date guide to truck driving in the UK and Europe will provide you with all the information you need to be successful in this industry.
This book was written with the sole purpose of helping newly qualified drivers safely into work, by providing all the necessary information needed to take the next step. Readers will find this handbook not only informative, but interesting and accessible.
Whether you are just starting out in your career, or a seasoned veteran of the open road, you will find, collected in one place, everything you need to know. Including:
• An overview of the technology you will be expected to use day to day.
• A clear, uncomplicated review of the ever-changing rules and regulations that you are expected to abide by.
• Step by step guides to coupling, vehicle checks and loading and unloading, as well as using digicards and digital tachographs.
• An outline of the different types of trucks, gearboxes, loading equipment and optional technology available.
• Pre-employment examination test paper and answers.
• Useful, multi-scenario first aid advice.
Publisher: The Choir Press
Height (mm): 244
Width (mm): 170
Author(s): Malcolm Green