Book Description: Orthopaedic Basic & Clinical Science for the Postgraduate Examination: Viva Practice & Diagrams is a new text for trainees preparing to sit the oral section of the FRCS (Tr & Orth) or equivalent examination. There is a temptation for exam preparation to focus all too heavily on pure knowledge acquisition at the expense of practising viva technique. This book therefore aims to stimulate a more problem-based approach through the use of mock vivas, as well as encouraging candidates to practise drawing out and labelling the diagrams frequently asked by examiners. Conceived as a companion volume to the hugely successful Practice EMQs and MCQs, and drawing partly on material from the popular Orthopaedic Research UK courses, this text simultaneously provides a tool for assessing knowledge levels and a means of rapidly assimilating detailed facts.
The authors are all orthopaedic consultants, who nevertheless have sufficiently recent experience of postgraduate orthopaedic examinations to ensure that the questions are representative of the level and scope required. All three regularly teach on the Orthopaedic Research UK revision courses and hold basic science based higher degrees.
• Covers entire scope of postgraduate orthopaedic viva voce examination topics • Subdivided into four sections corresponding with those encountered in the FRCS (Tr & Orth)
• Numerous radiographs and easily reproducible diagrams
• Clear and concise explanations of all answers with references where appropriate
• Comprehensive index to aid rapid access to key topics
• Similar question style to the FRCS (Tr & Orth) oral examination allowing solo or group revision.
Publisher: Orthopaedic Research UK Publishing
Height (mm): 229
Width (mm): 152
Author(s): Multiple Authors